- Modeling of cell interactions in expanding bacterial colonies
- Maintenance of biodiversity in Lotka-Volterra and May-Leonard networks
- Path sampling in stochastic non-equilibrium systems
- Non-perturbative renormalization group studies of absorbing-state phase transitions
- CMT Kid’s seminar, Condensed Matter Theory Group, Harvard University, 10 March 2015.
- Nonlinear Dynamics Seminar, Center for Nonlinear Dynamics, University of Texas at Austin, 25 February 2015.
- Biophysics lunch seminar, Lewis-Sigler Institute for Integrative Genomics, Princeton University, 19 February 2015.
- Workshop on "Physics of Evolution, Regulation and Signaling”, Arnold Sommerfeld Center for Theoretical Physics, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München, Germany, 12 February 2014.
- DPG Spring Meeting 2015, Technische Universität Berlin, Germany, 18 March 2015.
- APS March Meeting 2015, San Antonio, 5 March 2015.
- 566. WE-Heraeus Seminar on "Mechanisms, Strategies, and Evolution of Microbial Systems”, Bad Honnef, Germany, 18 June 2014.
- APS March Meeting 2014, Denver, 4 March 2014.
- DPG Spring Meeting 2013, Universität Regensburg, Germany, 15 March 2013.
- "Summer Research Course 2014: Microbial Strategies for Survival and Evolution at the Santa Barbara Advanced School of Quantitative Biology (collaboration of KITP and MCDB at UCSB).
Course directors: Paul Rainey, Joel Rothman and Boris Shraiman.
Project: The kinetics of phenotype switching in Pseudomonas fluorescens SBW25
*with a contribution as (co-)first author
Johannes Knebel, Markus F. Weber, Erwin Frey,
Fluid dynamics: In pursuit of turbulence,
Nat. Phys. 12, 204-205 (2016).
*Johannes Knebel, Markus F. Weber, Torben Krüger, Erwin Frey,
Evolutionary games of condensates in coupled birth-death processes,
Nature Communications 6, 6977 (2015).
Winner of a CeNS “Scientific breakthrough” publication award 2015.
*Markus F. Weber, Gabriele Poxleitner, Elke Hebisch, Erwin Frey, Madeleine Opitz,
Chemical warfare and survival strategies in bacterial range expansions,
J. R. Soc. Interface 11 (96): 20140172 (2014). [arxiv:1405.5025],
Winner of a CeNS “Best junior scientist publication” award 2014.
Johannes Knebel, Torben Krüger, Markus F. Weber, Erwin Frey,
Coexistence and survival in conservative Lotka-Volterra networks,
Phys. Rev. Lett. 110, 168106 (2013). [arxiv:1303.7116],
Winner of a CeNS publication award 2013.