2013 Arnold Sommerfeld School
Gauge-gravity duality and condensed matter physics
05.08.2013 – 09.08.2013
The Arnold Sommerfeld Center for Theoretical Physics will host a PhD school on ''Gauge-gravity duality and condensed matter physics'' in the period August 5-9, 2013.
- Joe Bhaseen (King's College London): "From Critical Phenomena to Holographic Duality in Quantum Matter"
- Sean Hartnoll (Stanford University): "Transport: from Boltzmann equations to holography"
- John McGreevy (San Diego University): "Holography with and without gravity"
- Subir Sachdev (Harvard University): "Quantum matter and gauge-gravity duality"
- Tadashi Takayanagi (Kyoto University): "Entanglement Entropy and AdS/CFT"
Slides of talks and additional material
The schedule can be downloaded here (lectures will start on Monday, August 5, at 11am and end on Friday, August 9, at 12.30pm).
Johanna Erdmenger, Michael Haack, Stefan Kehrein, Jan von Delft and Wilhelm Zwerger
Please send a short email to email@example.com indicating your affiliation, full name and professional status (postdoc, PhD student, ...), before July 1. There is no fee but you will have to arrange your trip and accomodation yourself.
Arnold Sommerfeld Center for Theoretical Physics
Lecture hall: B005 (ground floor)
Reachable by underground (take line U3 or U6 to stop Universität or line U2 to stop Theresienstraße) and by tram (take line 27 to stop Pinakotheken).
Some cheap hostels
We have compiled an (incomplete) list of low budget hostels and dorms in the center of Munich:
Hotels close to the ASC
An equally incomplete list of hotels close to the ASC: