The String theory Group at the Arnold Sommerfeld Center and at the Max-Planck-Institute for Physics is investigating several aspects of Superstring Theory, its relation to Quantum Field Theory, in particular to gauge theories and to the Standard Model. Furthermore, members of the group are also interested in gravity, black holes and cosmology. Special topics include at the moment:
- The quantum gravity and string theory landscape and the swampland.
- String-, M- and F-Theory compactification, as well as machine learning techniques for string vacua.
- Non-geometric string backgrounds and double field theory.
- String Phenomenology: the search for string models close to the Standard Model and the analysis of the low energy physics.
- Computation and investigation of string and field theory amplitudes.
- The problem of supersymmetry breaking in string theory.
- Quantum properties of black holes.
- Duality symmetries in string theory.
- Cosmological implications of string theory.
We are members of