2017 Arnold Sommerfeld School
The school will offer an introduction to several modern computational methods for dealing with strongly correlated systems. Hands-on training will be provided for several of the methods covered in the school.
Lecturers (and preliminary topics)
- Philippe Corboz (Amsterdam): Projected entangled pair states (PEPS) (introduction)
- Olivier Parcollet (Saclay): Dynamical Mean Field Theory (DMFT) and impurity solvers
- Lode Pollet (LMU): Quantum Monte Carlo methods
- Ulrich Schollwöck (LMU): Matrix product states (MPS), Density matrix renormalization group (DMRG)
- Norbert Schuch (MPQ): PEPS (mathematical aspects)
- Andreas Weichselbaum (LMU): Numerical renormalization group (NRG)
- Steve White (UC Irvine): DMRG in two dimensions
Michael Haack, Uli Schollwöck and Jan von Delft
Please send a short email to email@example.com indicating your affiliation, full name and professional status (postdoc, PhD student, master student, ...) before August 15, 2017. There is no fee but you will have to arrange your trip and accomodation yourself. You can find a list of hostels and hotels close to the ASC here.
Please note that the school takes place in the week just before the Oktoberfest and that the hotel prices increase drastically in the night from Friday to Saturday. The school will end on Friday at noon (i.e. around 1pm).
We are planning to have a poster session in the evening of Monday, September 11. If you are interested in presenting a poster, please let us know by sending an email to the school account given above.
Arnold Sommerfeld Center for Theoretical Physics
Lecture hall: A348/349
Reachable by underground (take line U3 or U6 to stop Universität or line U2 to stop Theresienstraße) and by tram (take line 27 to stop Pinakotheken).