Phone: +49 (0)89 2180-4109
Projects and Research Interests
- Pattern formation in active systems
- Intracellular positioning mechanisms:
Spatio-temporal positioning of cargoes (e.g. plasmids, partition complexes, protein clusters, ... ) is crucial for many important processes in bacterial cells including cell division, plasmid and chromosome segregation. I am interested in the following questions:
- How are cargoes positioned inside the cell?
- How are the forces generated to move the cargo?
- What is the role of the cell geometry?
- Since Oct 2013: PhD Student in the group of Erwin Frey, LMU Munich
- 2012 - 2013: Master Studies of Theoretical and Mathematical Physics (TMP), LMU Munich
- 2011 - 2012: Master of Advanced Study (MASt) in Mathematics, University of Cambridge
- 2007 - 2011: Bachelor Studies of Physics and Mathematics, Ruprecht-Karls University Heidelberg
- 2007: Abitur, Internatsschule Schloss Hansenberg, Geisenheim
Dominik Schumacher, Silke Bergeler, Andrea Harms, Janet Vonck, Sabrina Huneke-Vogt, Erwin Frey, Lotte Sogaard-Andersen,
The PomXYZ Proteins Self-Organize on the Bacterial Nucleoid to Stimulate Cell Division,
Developmental Cell 41 (3), 299-314 (2017).